Why should I write for Venture Up North?
Venture Up North is an inclusive online community where real people blog about real experiences Up North. The benefits are multiple:
- The chance to be a part of an exciting new platform that develops talent and gives voice to a whole community
- The North is represented in a positive light
- Independent businesses in The North are recognised and celebrated
- Contributors have their writing published on an ever-growing platform
So you’ve got something to say, have you?
Venture Up North is THE platform for Northern voices.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never had anything published anywhere in your life before. If you’ve got a story, we want to hear it.
And of course, you will get full credit for your work.
What Can I Write About?
Anything and everything (within reason – no offensive material please!).
- Are you a caffeine connoisseur with a guide to the best coffee shops in Cumbria?
- Want to share some insider tips on how to navigate a shopping trip to Liverpool City Centre on a Saturday?
- Have you had a spooky experience in a castle in Northumberland?
- Think you know where to find the best breweries and grab the most refreshing craft beer in and around Chester?
- Convinced you’ve found the answer to surviving long car journeys with the kids?
- Are you an experienced hiker/photographer/stand up paddle boarder happy to give us some kit bag recommendations?
Share your secrets with us so we can share them with the world!
And whilst we love your travel tips, we’re definitely not just after travel content.
- We want you to tell us what it’s really like to live up north and what it means to you to be Northern.
- We want to hear about the local, independent businesses doing things their own way.
- We want to hear the stories your Grandma passed down to you about northern life in times gone by. Want to interview your Grandma? Go ahead!
- We want to hear about how you moved to the north from somewhere else. How are you settling into life as an honorary northerner?!
- And, if you moved away from the north, we want to know all the things you miss about home.
Just tell us a story. We’re all ears.
Can you tell my story for me?
Do you have an idea for a story but would rather not write it yourself?
Not a problem!
We can arrange a chat so we can gather together all the information we need to tell your story for you. Just fill in the form below and type “help me write my story” in the section where it asks for your article. We will get straight back to you!
You will get full credit for your ideas.
How will you credit me for my work?
When you submit your article, you will also submit a short author biography. This will include a photograph as well as links to your social media platforms and/or a link to your website. Your biography will be clearly displayed on the same page as your article.
How long should my story be?
An article should be at least 1000 words. There is no maximum word limit.
Should I include photos?
Yes, please. As a general rule, you should have at least one photo for every 350-400 words you write. Please make sure the photos are your own or that you have permission to use them. Please do not just copy images from Google as they may be subject to copyright.
If you don’t have any photos to go with your article, please do get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
Can I submit an article that has been published on my own blog/elsewhere on the internet?
Unfortunately, to keep the SEO lords happy, we can only accept articles that have not already been published online.
**Please note: we reserve the right to edit the articles submitted to us. We may also add affiliate links**